|Home-grown malabar spinach|
- malabar spinach, pinched, washed and cleaned
- anchovies, washed and cleaned
- 1 egg
- water, depending on how much soup you require
- some oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up some oil in wok on medium to low heat. Add anchovies and stir-fry until fragrant. Then add in the spinach and continue to stir-fry a minute or two.
- Pour in a bowl of water in accordance of how much soup you require. Cover with the hood and bring it to a boil.
- Break the egg and add it in the boiling soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let the soup simmer until it's cooked and ready to be served.